Before installing Easemon on Windows 10, you need to either disable Windows Defender/Windows Defender Antivirus or bypass it. You can choose either option based on your own needs.
Option 1: Disable Windows Defender
Follow the steps below to disale Windows Defender or Windows Defender Antivirus. After the defender is disabled, then you can download and install Easemon.
- Use the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command.
- Type gpedit.msc and click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor.
- Browse the following path:
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender or Windows Defender Antivirus
- On the right, double-click Turn off Windows Defender or Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Select Enabled to disable Windows Defender or Windows Defender Antivirus.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Option 2: Bypass Windows Defender
If you don’t want to disable Windows Defender on Windows 10, you can simply follow the steps below to bypass Windows Defender, download and install Easemon.
1. Search “Windows Defender”
- In the search box on the taskbar, type “Windows Defender” and Search
2. Access Windows Defender Security Center
- After accessing Windows Defender Antivirus, go to Settings > Open Windows Defender Security Center (1,2)
3. Disable Virus & Threat Protection Settings
- At Virus & threat protection settings, set Real-time protection, Cloud-based protection, Automatic sample submission to “Off” (1,2,3)
4. Download and Install Easemon for PC
- Log into cloud panel > Download Easemon pc installer > Unzip installer > Installer folder > EMInstaller-pc folder > Installer > click “Install” (1,2,3)
5. Add Installation Folder and Process to Exclusions
- Restore Deleted File: go to Scan history > Quarantined threats – See details – Check Affected items: file: C:\ProgramData\EMPC\proxycerts.exe, Click OK to restore (1,2,3)
- Show hidden files and folders (for Windows 10)
- Switch to Virus & threat protection settings > Exclusions > Add or remove exclusions > Add an exclusion (1,2,4)
- Folder > C:\ProgramData\EMPC > Add EMPC folder (1,2,4)
- File > C:\ProgramData\EMPC > Add proxycerts.exe file (1,3,4)
- Hide hidden files and folders (for Windows 10)
6. Enable Virus & Threat Protection Settings
- At Virus & threat protection settings, set Real-time protection, Cloud-based protection, Automatic sample submission to “ON“