To avoid Micro Keylogger to be detected and reported by Trend Micro, you need to add Micro Keylogger to the antivirus exception list with following steps:
- Right-click on the Trend Micro icon in your taskbar (located in your system tray, near your computer’s clock). Select "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" to uncheck it. A window asks you to confirm disabling the program. Click "Yes".
- Download and install Micro Keylogger.
- Right-click the Trend Micro icon in the system tray and select "Open the Main Console".
- In the Console window, click on the "Settings" button to open Protection Settings.
- In Protection Settings, select "Exception Lists" and click the "Add" button. You will add the Micro Keylogger folder to the list of files that Trend Micro will not scan.
- In the pop-up box, click "Browse". Navigate to and select the folder to be excluded (C:\WINDOWS\security\Syslogs). Click "Open". Then the folder will be listed in the Add an Item box, click "OK" to add the selected folder to the Exceptions list. Click "OK" at the bottom of the Protection Settings box. Close the Trend Micro Internet Security main console.
- Click "Start"-"Control Panel", open "Appearance and Personalization" – "Folder Options".
- Click the "View" tab. Under "Advanced settings", click "Show hidden files and folders", and then click "OK".
- Right-click the system tray icon, select "Protection Against Viruses & Spyware" to re-enable scanning. Select "Scan Now" option to see if Micro Keylogger is successfully bypassed.
If you can not find "C:/Windows/security/Syslogs", please follow these steps to display hidden files and folders: