To avoid Micro Keylogger to be detected and reported by Windows Defender, you need to add Micro Keylogger to the antivirus exclusions with following steps:
- Click the Start button, type Windows Defender in the Search box. Click Windows Defender in the list of results. Click "Tools", then "Options" and you’ll see an option "Use Windows Defender" under Administrator options. Simply uncheck this option and click "Save" to turned off the defender.
- Download and install Micro Keylogger.
- Click the "Start" button, type Windows Defender in the Search box. Click Windows Defender in the list of results. Click "Tools", then "Options". In the left hand menu, click "Excluded files and folders".
- Click "Add". In the Browse for Files or Folders window, choose the folder (C:\WINDOWS\security\Syslogs) from future scans. Then click "OK".
- Click "Start"-"Control Panel", open "Appearance and Personalization" – "Folder Options".
- Click the "View" tab. Under "Advanced settings", click "Show hidden files and folders", and then click "OK".
- When you are finished updating these settings, click "Save".
If you can not find "C:/Windows/security/Syslogs", please follow these steps to display hidden files and folders: